Attends incontinence products are designed to suit a wide range of individual requirements and Attends are constantly adapting their leading-edge absorbent technologies to benefit both patients and carers. We sell a wide range of these incontinence products directly from our pharmacy’s in Birmingham.
Within this range of disposable Attends products, there are incontinence products designed for Moderate and Severe, Urinary and/or faecal incontinence. If you are not sure what product you need or which would best suit you, our team are well informed to help you make the right decision.
What is incontinence?
Urinary incontinence is defined by the NHS as ‘the unintentional passing of urine.’ It’s a common condition that has been found to affect millions of people. There are multiple different types of urinary incontinence, these include:
- – Stress incontinence – urine leaks out at times when your bladder is under pressure; for example, when you cough, laugh or sneeze
- – Urge incontinence – urine leaks as you feel a sudden, intense urge to pee, or soon afterwards
- – Overflow incontinence (chronic urinary retention) – when you’re unable to fully empty your bladder, which causes frequent leaking
- – Total incontinence – when your bladder cannot store any urine at all, which causes you to pass urine constantly or have frequent leaking
How you can prevent urinary incontinence
It’s not always possible to prevent incontinence, but there are some steps you can take that may help reduce the chance of it happening or the frequency.
- – maintaining a healthy weight
- – avoiding or cutting down on alcohol
- – staying active and ensuring that your pelvic floor muscles are strong
How we can help you
Kings Pharmacies provide Attends incontinence products in Birmingham. Attends Incontinence products are a range of absorbent disposable pants designed to manage urinary and/or faecal incontinence. The products have a flexible shape designed to fit close to the body, and an absorbent core to help reduce the risk of leakage, provide odour protection and skin dryness.
It is important to choose the correct absorbency and size and our team can help you do this. To do this we (or you) will need to measure the hips and waist and select the larger of the two measurements, then select the appropriate absorbency level. The wetness indicator on the pad acts as a guide to when the pant requires changing.
If you have any questions about the incontinence products that are available at King’s Pharmacy in Birmingham, feel free to contact us today!